Monday, July 30, 2012

What I Did Today

before:
progress:
after:
 



After helping her with her apt (sorry, no pics) this client asked me to take a look at her showroom. While I loved just about everything she did, the front door lacked something. It wasn't bad, but you can see it from every angle of the space so I felt it needed a bit more punch. I suggested painting the door and framing it with pictures.

We settled on Farrow & Ball's Pink Ground, the perfect subtle pink. If you don't know Farrow & Ball they're a small company out of England who make superior paint and wall coverings. And since they only have 132 colors as opposed to the 10,000+ colors offered by other brands, it makes picking the perfect color easy.

We bought a ton of simple white frames and she picked some of her favorite images from books and magazines. My art installer and I pieced it all together, image by image... It took most of the afternoon but was worth it. . . 

6 comments:

Marie Lee Carter said...

The subtle pink and the frames really complete the place. great work

laura said...

thanks!

kimberly said...

where do you suggest shopping for sturdy but reasonably priced frames? these are great!

fjose said...

This is a beautiful space. Really pretty. Well done.

laura said...

thanks!

maysoonf said...

Brilliant :)