Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cheat Your Way to Neat Art and Photos



There's two things you need for your artwork to stay looking neat on your walls. First a level (something everyone should have in their tool kit!), though if you live here in NYC where nothing's level, you may have to eye it to make it 'look' level. Then Stik-Tak to hold the frame or art piece in place for good. A putty-like substance that can easily be removed or washed off the wall if you want to move the frame. Almost any hardware store carries it.

It's these little things that make your space looking polished and finished...

4 comments:

Studioist said...

Wow, I have never heard of Museum Gel; great tip. I live in Brooklyn with unlevel everything so I use a mini level (with a magnet) to check for true level quickly and then eyeball what looks to be straight.

laura said...

hello fellow brooklynite!
thanks for reading
:O)

Jude said...

Haha, I love the unlevel observation - too true! I haven't posted in a while, but as always, love reading your blog. :-)

Leone said...

Thanks for the info. on Museum Gel. We have a rambunctious 105 pound dog (plus a small dog and a cat) and I haven't been able to display my pottery collection in a long time. Museum Gel could be the answer. Yay!